Where can I leave my car for overnight parking?
* It can be left at the trailhead shelter in Weston, or if you want, the police department is one block west of the trailhead shelter, and you may get permission to leave it there for more security. If you are staying at a nearby hotel, you can leave it there if needed.
Are there any picnic areas?
* There are picnic tables at Norrie Lake, in Hatley, at the Eau Claire River site about 3 miles east of the shelter, and a new picnic shelter is located at the Weston trailhead on a first-come basis.
Are there any restaurants nearby?
* The closest..only 2 blocks away,…is Razz’s Breakfast Bar and Grill. Go one block west on Schofield Avenue and 1/2 block south on Mesker. They serve a full sandwich menu as well as fish frys from 6am to 8 pm M-F. On saturday, food is served from 10:30am -8 pm. A great food buffet is served during all NASCAR races and Packer games. There is also a family restaurant, Marco’s Pizza and Subway within biking distance on Schofield Avenue. There is also a Subway in Hatley on State Road just a few blocks south of the trail with an ice cream shop right next door.
Can road bikes be used on the trail?
* Yes, it is very smooth when it is dry, however some of the intersections have been disturbed from road construction, and a hybrid or cross bike works better.
Where can I get bike service..even on weekends?
Service is available at Rib Mountain Cycle in Rib Mountain, at Builer’s Cycle & Fitness http://www.builersbike.com/, and the Trek Store http://www.trekstorewausau.com/ in Wausau.
Is there water available on the trail?
* There is a faucet on the side of the trailhead shelter in Weston, pumps at the Eau Claire River picnic site, and at Norrie Lake. Numerous gas stations and stores along the trail will provide refreshments as well.
Where can we buy a trail pass?
* There is self-registration for day passes at the trailhead and various places along the trail. The shelter is open on weekends during the Summer from 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. where you can purchase a season pass as well as snacks and soda. The Weston Municipal Center has passes, as well as Rib Mountain Cycles, Builers Bike Shop, and the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks.
Can I ride a golf cart on the trail?
* No, only motorized wheel chairs are allowed on the trail.
Are there any hotels near the trail?
* Yes, the Weston Inn (See Ad) is right on the trail, and has 24 hour swimming, bowling, food, bar, and overnight parking. The Green Bay AmericInn is near the Brown County trailhead as well.(See ad). In Pulaski, a new hotel has opened. The Cobblestone Hotel located on the south side of Pulaski just a short distance away from the Mountain-Bay Trail on Mountain-Bay Drive http://www.staycobblestone.com/wi/pulaski/ offering excellent lodging and, even shuttle service to Lambeau Field on game days.
How do I find the trail?
* From I39, take the 29 East exit until Hwy X. Go north on X to Schofield Ave. Go east to the Weston Municipal Center, and left on Municipal St. one block into the parking lot. Follow the brown Mountain-Bay signs.
Is there camping along the trail?
* Not at this time, nor is it allowed at Norrie Lake.
Public Restrooms On the Trail
There are two locations on the Marathon County section where permanent public restroom facilities are available in Weston at the trailhead shelter, and at Norrie Lake. A Porta-Potty is stationed at the Eau Claire River Picnic Area.
Emergency Medical Care
In Marathon County, emergency medical care is close by at Ministry Health Care St. Clare’s Hospital in Weston http://ministryhealth.org/MinistryHealth/Locations/Hospitals.nws.